Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Big hands early...... hate em!

I have always hated getting big hands very early in a MTT or SNG. Played a $4/180man SNG on PS. I played two hands and was out within 20 minutes!

One of the first hands of the tourney I get KK in the SB. 4 limpers + BB + SB = pot of 110. So I raise it to 215. Hoping to move any weak hands out. Get two callers. BB and early mp player. Flop is A7x, two hearts. I check as my Ace magnets have done their job as normal. BB shoves!! EMP player calls!!... I lay down of course. BB has K7s in hearts and EMP has A3o. Wow... good calls preflop. Course maybe that is my problem that I am not willing to gamble with crap... mainly because I don't win many coin flips much less win when I am way behind. A3o wins the hand. Nice hand to double up with immediately.

About 15 hands later I am on the button with AA. Small raise in MP with one caller. I reraise just over the pot. I know most people want action with AA but I prefer only other strong hands call. I think the blinds were 15/30 at this point so my reraise of pot put me down to about 800. One caller(original raiser). Flop is 653, rainbow. MP raiser/caller bets out 100 into a 800+ pot. Don't think he has a set.... maybe an over pair to the board. So I (like the donk that I am) reraise ai since the pot is bigger than my remaining stack at this point. He insta calls and shows 74s in spades. GG me. I wish I had half the horseshoe shoved up my ass that some of these people have. If I win 35% of my COINFLIPs I am feeling lucky... much less calling shit like that and praying for a miracle flop or even river.

Oh well. Always another beat to wait on in the next tourney. LOL

No comments: