Tuesday, November 6, 2007

UB Freeroll Deep again......

Once again went deep in one of UB's $1k freeroll qualifiers, 97th out of 5003.
Tourney started at 7:30 PM EST and it was getting late and I was short stacked (bottom 5 players) so I decided to limp with 6s UTG+1 and go for it no matter if it was raised or not. The raise was for 75% of my stack to like 6900 from the player to my left.... fairly decent player but with a pretty good stack. Player in mp calls 45% of his stack off, maybe even 50%. So a little worried but don't put him on a made hand because he didn't reraise. Just the 3 of us to the flop. Flop is 5,10,10 rainbow. I go ai with about 3600. Now know this really isn't enough to move anyone but I didn't put either of them on a made hand. I did think that perhaps one might have A10 but I was willing to risk it and at least figured I had 2 outs. Original raiser amazingly folds!! Folds for only 3600 more into a 20,000 something pot. And the next player only had maybe 8000 left. Was shocked as the original raiser had about 50k in chips still. Anyways, the mp player ended up calling. He had 10c5c!!!! I was drawing dead. I could have dealt with it if it had been A10.... maybe even Q10 or K10. Still fairly bad plays but I could have lived with any of those hands...... but 105!!!!! wow... oh well it was bed time anyways.... 11:30PM.

No comments: