Thursday, November 29, 2007

Donkey into decent freeroll finish....

Wow.... been awhile since I have posted...

Anyways... I finally broke the freeroll curse on Stars. I qualified for the weekly $2k. I have played many of the Freeroll Qualifiers (Eddington's, Hubble's, Haley's, Copernicus'....etc.) and go deep many times but almost always come up short. They recently changed their payout structure from 24 and 27 to 88 and 99! Course that helped some. LOL
I actually qualified in a Stud H/L game which isn't my strongest game to say the least. One player got upset with a couple of raises I had done but I had a ton of chips and decent draws.... oh well.... I typed F R E E R O L L in the chat window to get my point across. I wasn't just pushing chips... had decent drawing hands.

I have played a decent number of other micro buy in games lately. Haven't done all that well. Did final table $2 MTT on UB. Didn't make much as I went out 6th (134players)

I continue to do well Stars 10fpp $500 freeroll @ 19:40 (7:40 PM EST). I have a cash rate of about 60% of the time on it and actually made it to 26th place the other night. Deepest I think I have ever gone in that tourney. Still only got $0.85 LOL.

Well for all the bad beats I ever complain about I now have one to think about that is perhaps the worst I have ever seen.

Buddy of mine is in a MTT online and has one limper in midposition about 2/3 of the way through the field. Hero has AA in the cutoff and raises pot 4.5xbb. Blinds fold and limper calls. Flop comes AKK (rainbow). Limper shoved ai (and is covered by my buddy's stack). My buddy thinks for a minute but figures it can't possibly be KK as the player never reraised preflop. So he calls. Limper shows 44. Now my buddy is a 99.8% favorite. That is right, he is only .1% to tie(runner runner KK) and .1% to lose. Of course the turn is a 4. He is still a 97.3% favorite to win the hand! River is a 4. Riverstars strikes again. But it was really Runner Runner Stars. This was way worse than any one outter an idiot has hit on me. Mainly because it is such a bad play on the limper with 44. His play makes it obvious he doesn't have AK or KK, at least normal players would try to trap if they had those hands. Granted sometimes you shove to make it look like a bad play but 90% of the time players are going to trap with either hand.
So I now try to think about this hand when I get sucked out on...... but I still managed to bitch about my "badbeat". LOL

No comments: