Monday, November 5, 2007

Freeroll Friday Night....... and Sunday

Been trying for awhile to make it to the payouts on UB in their freeroll qualifiers to the Sun $1k freeroll. Gotten close many times (41st, 56, 119...) but couldn't quite break that 30 place payout list. I ended up playing 11 freerolls on Friday night on UB and another 6 freerolls on PokerStars. LOL By 6 AM(Sat) I had finally got knocked out of one UB tourney in 25th place and qualified!!! Most of the fields were in the 4000-5000 player range. Smallest one was 3800+. Also cashed in the $500 10fpp on Stars as usual (I cash about 70% of the time in it but usually just barely get into the money which means like 20 or 30 cents).
Sunday came and I had stayed up all night again playing live at the local Vegas Nights here in Columbus. Was stuck most of the night playing 10/20 limit. Really couldn't afford to lose..... and got lucky towards 4 AM and started to pull out of it. Walked out a decent winner... nothing huge. But I needed that win as I haven't been able to win at limit poker in my last 8 or 9 sessions! That gets very demoralizing after the first 5 sessions.
Anyways, back to online....... so after not getting much sleep on Saturday night I got up by 11:30 to run some errands and to get something to eat before the tourney started (1:15PM EST). Ended up going fairly deep into it (top 25%) but played like the Superfish that I am and ended up going out around 887 (if my memory serves me correctly) out of over 4000. Course only top 30 paid. Would have been nice to crack that one. But I did enter into the $2k 50fpp on Stars later that day..... ended up getting 4th out of 2300+ players!!! First final table I can remember in a long time.

No comments: