Friday, February 15, 2008

Broken promise to myself..... (big surprise LOL)

Well the title is pretty sarcastic in case one couldn't tell. LOL

I told myself I wasn't going to play any poker for real $. Only freerolls and play money and fpps. Well made it halfway through the week.

First part of the week was playing play money on Stars since a buddy from work just signed up on Stars and wanted to get a feel for the site.

Wednesday my poker buddy wanted to go to the regular $20 game that he cashes in consistently (like 65% of the time). I have mentioned before it is a horrible structure tournament but the potential win is around $600 for 20 and under 90 players. They also do SNGs for $5 (or whatever amount they agree to). Usually play in one or two of those before the main tourney. We played in one and as usual I took a horrible beat by an idiot that thinks he is a good player. Course he things calling 70% of your stack off with K5s is a good call when the tournament is set up to be winner take all and you are 4 handed. I had 1010 and he spiked a K on the flop. It might have even been 70 or 75% of his stack. But he plays that way all the time and then gets made when his big hands get cracked. Amusing. Didn't get to play much in the main tournament either. Got down to last 3 tables from starting 9 but that was all I could do.

Then we go back to my place as he is going to stay and then play online the next day while I am at work (his computer is currently messed up). We get in a $2 MTT on Stars @ 10PM. My original plan was to just get it started and then go to bed and let him play it as it was on his account. So about 3:30 AM after getting knocked out 16 (out of 2024) I head off to bed. LOL Misplayed 3 hands. One of them was a horrible aggression play on my part that lost me 60% of my stack when we were down to 3 tables. I was trying to get chips and... to say the least... it didn't work out. LOL

But those are the only two times I broke the promise to myself. I have played in numerous freerolls when I have been home. I did get 4th in one of the Greyhound Poker freerolls for $2. Up to $15 now. LOL I will break the $100 mark some day.

Cancelled my monthly $100 private tourney I play in.... bummer but needed to not go.

Will see what the weekend holds. Going to see my girl on Sat so probably go play some $5/10 when I drop her off. :)

No comments: