Monday, June 23, 2008

Phobias.... and bankrolls

Still not playing a whole heckuva lot but when I have played I have won small amounts. Just happy to be consistent and not losing at the time. I need to improve my play though because by only winning small amounts it won't take but one or two losing sessions to wipe out six winning sessions or more.

Started to play a little 1/2 and 1/3 NL. I have been itching to get into the games but having developed the phobia that I have in the recent months of losing anything, I have been steering clear of those games. Problem is the games here in Ohio are so loose there is tons of money to be made at the tables. But at the same time that looseness is what scares the hell out of me. I don't have much of a "hitter" and people frequently hit out on me.

Guess if I am to improve my game I have to play in those games. And hopefully along the way build a decent bankroll. I think that is the key to my new phobia....... no bankroll beyond one or two sessions of play. Really sucks.

1 comment:

SirFWALGMan said...

Thanks for reminding me what Poker Author said that LO8 was good. I linked to him in my post.