Monday, July 21, 2008

Chugging Along

Been meaning to post something for the past couple of weeks. Just kept on putting it off.

Not alot has been happening except for a pretty bad run on live tournaments. I think I have played 19 live tournaments since the end of March. Only cashed once for $45.00. Pretty sad. Some of it (probably alot of it) is due to my bad play. But really seem card dead in tourneys when I am playing well. Eh, such is poker life.

In live ring games I have been having a pretty decent streak. Not killing the games or anything but I have played maybe 16 times since the end of March and I have only lost twice. Both losses were fairly small considering the games I was in and length of sessions so I am pretty happy with that. I think for a few more months I will continue to concentrate on ring games and play only an occasional tourney till things turn around for me in tournies.

Been doing ok online in tournies. Won another Saturdays with Dr. Pauly. I must be a huge lucksack because the same day I also won a tourney type I had never played before. Friends of mine are constantly bugging me to try short handed games (6-max). I normally like to grind at 9 or 10 player per table tournies but figured I would give it a try. I think we had just over 200 players. And somehow for a game I am not particularly good at, I managed to end up on top. I must just have been running very goooooot that day.

Been trying to the PLO8 (.02/.05) games on Pokerstars. I am way to easy to tilt in those games. I really have to get that under control. They are loving me at those tables because I keep dumping tons on them. I think I will back off of them for awhile.... or at least only play one table versus the 3 I normally play.

Dealing has been going ok. Dealt a $250 buy in yesterday. They had 103 players for the tourney. Pretty good for central Ohio. Decent structure with 5k in starting chips and 30 minute blinds. Had alot of new players at the club.

There are now 5 gaming clubs in central Ohio. I have been to only two of them but know of 2 2 of the remaining 3 and know that those 2 clubs are very small with not alot of action. The 5th club is further away and I doubt I will ever visit it. It will be interesting to see if the 2nd club I have been to will prosper. I hope they do only because I love the game and there are plenty of players to go around. The Gemini Players Club (www.geminiplayersclub.com) is still the best.

Played some 3/6 over the weekend at a Church festival and one of the local vegas nights. Had a few people talking to themselves with my change up in play. But I was mainly having fun.

No comments: