Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend....

Didn't make it to Ceasar's Indiana. Never heard back from my friend and too lazy to drive the 4 hours by myself.

Didn't play much online on Sat. Can't remember Friday at this point. LOL

I do remember one hand on Friday. Was deep in a $4/180man SNG on Stars. Find JJ late position with 25 left (pays top 18). Decent stack though not in top 10, but not short stacked. As the players start folding or calling I even think to myself "Do I really want to go bust with this hand this close to the money". Always have bad luck with this hand late in tournies. I figure, screw it.... if I want a shot at the top 3 places I need chips. One ep limper, so I raise about 4.4 x bb. Probably a little more. I tend to base my raises on the pot more than just the blinds. Everyone folds to the ep limper who calls. At this point I put him on a Ace/face hand. From comes K,x,2. He checks. Pot is now almost 85% of what I have left in front of me. I have the read that he doesn't have the K nor AA or QQ. I push in the rest of my stack not wanting to give him a cheap shot at hitting an A or Q if he has a hand like AQ or AJ. He insta calls with 22..... and I am out. I should have followed my instincts and not played the hand or at least not raised. Would have been much easier to get away from with the K on the flop and I would probably at least have made the money.

But lately I have tried to get away from the "just make the money" attitude and try to work harder at making top 3. Haven't been too successful with the change though. I should stick with what I do best which is eeking into the money and not losing much of my bankroll. The bankroll doesn't grow much but better than losing.

I did make another deep run in a $1 MTT on stars. Got like 41 out of 2600+ players. Not quite the top 1% of the field I wanted to make. LOL

No comments: