Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Superfish..... aka Suckout Artist

I failed to mention that on my way to the 3rd place finish in the aforementioned $50 live tournament that I sucked out majorly at two key times. First wasn't a huge suck out as I moved ai overtop of what I thought was a midpair raise while I was in the bb. SB was the raiser and a woman player I have known for many years who is pretty solid. She had 99 and I had AKs. Lucky A on flop and suckout number one was complete.

The other suckout was a major one. But couldn't have played it any differently. I was UTG and had KK and raised 2/3 of my stack. Clearly this shows huge hand and I want action from all but one hand...... course that would be the hand that methodically reraised from late position but didn't shove, which totally screamed AA. And he had the two red Aces. But the K on the river was a killer. We were already down to either 5 or 6 players and we were already in the money.... no way I could lay it down after my utg raise. That suckout propelled me to 2nd in chips... maybe even first for awhile.

Just figured I should not forget my suckouts to make up for all the times I whine about suckouts against me.

No comments: