Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ok... ok.......I am horrible

Well I am horrible on two fronts these days......
First, I am horrible becuase I spend too much time reading tons of other blogs and ignoring mine. LOL Course that is easy to do.
Secondly, my play has continued to slide and I am feel like I am becoming even more of a Superfish.
With my constant obsession (ok really can't afford anything but) freerolls, I make calls I would never think of making normally. And I am noticing that it is flowing into my cash buy in tournaments... both live and online. Not a good thing.

I made two snap calls of all ins last night that I would normally have thought much more about. One was a call of an ai from UTG while I was bb for T$400. I called T$3k more with AKs withouth a even a slight hesitation. I should have at least thought about it. Then another snap call while I was in sb when button shoved and I had AJ.... he had AK. It was for almost half my chips. I should have thought the plays through. Not saying I would have changed the plays.... but the insta call is poor on my part and I used to never do that. Hell I have layed down KK preflop for half my stack before in a $20 tourney!!

Also made another questionable call when we were down to the final 3 against an all in move over my bb. Was a $50 tourney with 78 players starting so I should really have thought about it. But I fairly quickly called T$19k more (BB=T$16k) with J8s. He had AQ and no luck for me. I still had chips but next hand I am ai with Q8s and he calls with J2o.... and hits. Can't blame him as it was only T$14k more to call. He ended up chopping with chip leader after a few hands and that was almost double what I got.

As for online, still not having any luck on Pokerstars. Just holding my own. Account had been going down because I tried a few too many $4/180man SNGs. LOL Tried to be aggressive and it didn't worked. They played too conservatively early and missed some huge hand that would have put me in a better position in the middle of the tournament, so that didn't work. Went out in the 20s and 30s a couple of times and two other times in the mid 60s. Played a few freerolls and cashed for not much and also a couple of $1 MTTs. Cashed but nothing great in those either... so just kinda treading water on Pokerstars.

Fulltilt has been such a frustrating thing lately. I can't seem to cash or make a ft lately. Course I am only playing in the freerolls but I used to at least make a few freerolls of their 180man SNGs and 360man SNGs. The freerolls I can't get beyong the 50s and they only pay 27 out of either 2400 or 2700. I only have $4 on there and want to get it to $10 before I play in any cash tournies.

Greyhound poker. Well I am finally up to $10 from their $25 hourly freerolls. Many times only winnning .30. LOL So it took awhile. But the freerolls are easy to cash in. Not alot of traffic on this site but so far free money... how can I turn that down.

3 comments:

Schaubs said...

Playing in freerolls is terrible for your real money game.

CSuave said...

Oh I know all too well. Even low limits ($5 and below) hurts my real money game. But I have no bankroll and just love to play.

CSuave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.