Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to the living

Well made my foray back into live poker tournaments ..... with no success... or is that sucksess? LOL

Friday I played in the one private tournament that is held monthly that is very hard to get into ... and was pretty much card dead. AA, AQo, 66, 33 were my 4 best hands followed by A7s, a few Ace rags, and then K10o. Not much to work with there. Only folded one winner in 2.5 hours, and I think that hand was 63o! LOL The AA and AQ were very the first level of the tourney and I raised and got no callers... so not particularly profitable. I have been card dead in this tournament before but that was probably the worst. No two face cards except the AQ. Pretty sad.... and worst part is the structure introduces antes after 2 hours. By then you know you are pretty much dead if you haven't won two significant hands.

Saturday my initial plans were changed for me so I contacted a friend who has a 20-30 player tournament once a quarter to see if he had any openings and he did. Nice tourney, nice people, not particularly tough field. Was out midway through the tourney of 30.

Yesterday went back to the $20 donkfest I used to go to every week. Actually didn't play too bad. Was inactive for the first part of the tournament but then about the middle started picking up pots and a few hands. Made it down to last 15 out of 121. Knocked out with 44 vs AQ on a K1010 flop.... knew I was dead with that flop. Way too many outs for him. I was one of the shorter stacks and was in the sb. Was folded to me and I made a move. He found a good hand in bb and called. It was also less than 25% of his stack. No suckouts against me so not a bad night. Frustrating but not the usual frustration I experience there with the really poor play. None of it was against me so it didn't get to me.

Been struggling online but that is my own fault for playing too loose and gambling and chasing way way way too much. But at least I have no one to get mad at but myself when I realize I am doing that.

No comments: