Monday, February 22, 2010

Next.......Month

Rewriting this as I attempted to spell check it and wiped out my original post..... frustrating.

Well my winning cash game sessions continued after last posting. Nothing huge and no large wins but consistent. Only a couple of losses in the mix. Playing fairly well and have had a couple of lucky hits at the right time. I haven't been playing as much as I used to but feel like I have been playing alot.

Tournaments continue to be my most frustrating point. But I think the main reason for that is I have tried to force myself to be more aggressive to pick up chips in order to try to win the tournaments versus just cash. Of course there have also been plenty of being patient and waiting and trapping people and they just continue to get lucky. When I need the luck in the tournaments it usually doesn't happen. But recently I did manage to get very lucky against a couple of friends of mine who are brothers. All 3 of us got it aipf in a freeroll down at Platinum. I had AK while they both held pairs. AA and 44 !! K on flop and K on river for my official donkey win. :)

Online has seen its better days for me. I have bottomed out two of my four accounts while the third (Walker Poker) is all from freeroll money. I am now trying to rebuild something from practically nothing on PS and UB. Both accounts are under $10 right now. Trying to stick mainly to .01/.02 NL. I really haven't been home as much to play so it is slow going. FullTilt (FTP) is my main account theses days. I have been losing steadily lately as I am playing too many MTTs and not cashing. I did managed a nice score couple of weekends ago. Managed to win a $2 MTT with over 600 players. Guess it was just my day. Entered ft as one of the ss. Got the right hands at the right times.

The new Gemini - Berea is doing very well. 9 cash tables on the weekend usually and 2-4 cash tables during the week. Platinum Players Club has been doing fairly well. They had a $100 tournament this past Sunday and got 29 runners. Good for their first $100 tourney. I have yet to visit Paizan's or Premeire but plan to do so on the next couple of months.

Looks like my first trip to Las Vegas to play poker will be postponed. Didn't jump on the cheap flights when I should have and now the cost of the flight would eat up too much of my bankroll to make it worthwhile going out there. I was really looking forward to it and I am dissappointed but I know sometime this year I will probably make it out there.

No comments: